Contact Kristin Smedley
Mentioned in this Episode
Mary Fran Bontempo (Kristin’s partner on Brilliantly Resilient) - https://maryfranbontempo.com/
Kristin’s Tedx Talk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdar-vklzeE&feature=youtu.be
Thriving Blind on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/thrivingblind
Brilliantly Resilient http://brilliantlyresilient.net/
Kristin’s book, Thriving Blind: Stories of Real People Succeeding without Sight
The 15-Minute Master: How to Make Everything Better 15 Minutes at a Time by Mary Fran Bontempo
David Fajgenbaum, - https://chasingmycure.com/
Erik Weihenmayer - https://erikweihenmayer.com/
Hal Elrod - https://halelrod.com/
Bobbi's Takeaways from the Interview
- When we face a sucker punch, our first reaction doesn’t have to be our final reaction.
- Our perceptions don’t change in an instant; we have to continue to challenge them. To me, this means that we have the form the habit of doing this so that it can become automatic.
- When stuck in fear instead of hiding from it or trying to avoid it, turn to learning your way through it.
- The power of role models that you can bring into your life creates a mindset of limitless possibilities.
- When we help others through their period of darkness, doubt, or uncertainty, we are also helping ourselves as well, which to me is all about the power of serving others.
- That re-setting your mindset is NOT a 1-time event where we get to spike the football and be done! It is a habit that we have to cultivate.
- If you can’t find the silver lining in your challenge – then create one.
These are just my take-aways. Please share your take-aways in the comments below so we can compare notes.
If you found this episode helpful, please subscribe to the UnYielded podcast and leave a review. If you know someone who could benefit from the message that we are spreading, please tell them about UnYielded: Thriving No Matter What.