I first met today’s guest when she was a customer service rep at a company that is one of my clients. She was so good at her job that we would play her calls and training examples of what best-in-class service sounds like. She then decided to make the transition to a regional sales rep at that company.
And she is every bit as successful. She is part of the quarterly coaching calls that I do there. And I can tell you that there is no one that I’ve coached that has consistently demonstrated more tenacity or a greater hunger to learn. She is also a breast cancer survivor and someone who simply knows how to triumph over challenge.
No matter what challenges she has faced over the years, she has continually built strength and resilience so that when challenges arise, she responds with intention, compassion, and grace.
Carol Clouse on overcoming obstacles (clip from episode 018)
Carol Clouse on “Don’t let them steal your joy!” (clip from episode 018)
Contact Carol Clouse
I hope that you enjoyed meeting Carol and being exposed to her resilient character and just her, her spirit that it never stops. Here are some of my takeaways.
- Showing up for others can help you through your own moments of despair.
- You can be an angel for someone else, and you may never even know it.
- When Carol is confronted with someone who is upset, she reminds herself that a display of anger by them may not have anything at all to do with her and may have more to do with what else is going on in their life and in their day. And that’s how she can reach for empathy and compassion versus reacting with anger.
- Obstacles are a part of life. And you will get through it.
- When faced with an obstacle, instead of seeing the whole picture, the whole mountain that’s in front of her, she tackles it one piece at a time.
- Don’t let someone else steal your joy.
- I loved when she talked about the two types of people: the person who enters the room and says, “Here I am,” versus the person who enters the room and says, “There you are.” I loved that.
These were just some of my takeaways. My hope is that an episode like this will provide inspiration to you. You can reach back to these stories time and time again, as fuel.
If you found this podcast helpful, please consider subscribing as well as leaving us a five-star review below. It’s one of the best ways that we can get the word out about the podcast. Also if you know, someone who could benefit from the podcast and the message that we are spreading, please consider telling them about it.
This has been the UnYielded podcast, and I believe that thriving isn’t a destination. It is a process. It is an evolution, where we are continuing to expand who we are. It’s how we flourish and how we can direct our energy into a place of positive energy and influence. My life’s work is to change the world for the better one life at a time. I hope that you’ll help me do that by sharing the word .