Bobbi’s Takeaways from the Interview
There were many beautiful moments in Judy’s stories that just truly touched my heart. Here are some of my favorites.
1. When friends want to rally around and help you let them, don't worry about how much time they're spending on you or feeling indebted to them. Instead in the future, just find a way to pass it on to someone else who needs it.
2. Her story really illustrates to me that when tragedy or challenge strikes the support that the community and friends make, it creates such a big difference. And that support makes the challenge just a little bit easier. I absolutely loved the Tomato Lady story, and I think that we all, need a Tomato Lady at some point in our lives. We need that person who just shows up and does what needs to be done without being asked. And maybe we can all be that for someone else by simply looking around and asking ourselves, what can I do to help?
3. Judy told the story of how she and Lori cried together on their first date because they both understood what the other one was going through, having both been widowed and also that they really understood what the other person was feeling. That speaks to me about how finding someone who truly understands you and who really gets you is just one of the most precious gifts in life.
4. When the commitment is there, you can figure out the steps.
5. Sometimes you have to learn to like each other and that can take work and a lot of patience.
6. When going through a hard time, have hope, believe in yourself and just get through the day because the answer or the way forward is there even when you can't see it yet.
These were just some of the moments that truly resonated for me and touched my heart. And I have to say, it's not really a takeaway, but I loved the Chili Story. That will bring a smile to my face every time I think about it for the rest of my life. I truly hope you enjoyed Judy’s amazing spirit as much as I did.
And I feel that my life was enriched, enriched. By meeting her. And by the way, if her last name sounds familiar it's because her daughter-in-law, Sarah Corkery was our guest for Episode 007.